Shooting Occurs at Minneapolis Catholic School and Authorities Say Shooter Has Been 'Contained'
1 day ago
Authorities say a shooting has erupted during the first week of classes at a Minneapolis Catholic school. Authorities haven't given immediate information on the number of injuries, but a spokesperson for Hennepin Healthcare says it is caring for patients from the shooting. The Minneapolis city government said the shooter had been “contained” after the gunfire Wednesday at the Annunciation Church’s school. The city says there is no “active threat” to residents. Gov. Tim Walz says on social media that he has been briefed on the shooting. A person answering the phone at the school said students were being evacuated. The pre-kindergarten through eighth grade school had an all-school Mass scheduled at 8:15 a.m. Wednesday morning. Monday was the first day of school.